Thursday, September 15, 2011

Week 2 Picks

Will the NFL eventually become an all-passing league?  Well maybe not all-passing, but like 80% passing?  Football started out as an all-running game, so there's no reason to think it couldn't eventually pull a 180.  After seemingly every QB threw for 300 yards last week, it's something to think about. 

Last week: 9-7 (give me a break, it was week 1)
Last week's survivor pick: Arizona

@Buffalo over Oakland
After the Bills win this week, we'll see 1039804 articles about how the Bills are this year's sleeper team.  They'll win 6 games.

UPSET SPECIAL: Kansas City over @Detroit
I was shocked to see the Lions were 8 point favorites over the Chiefs this week.  I realize the Chiefs were bad last week and the Lions were pretty good, but this is a division winner from last year up against a 6-10 team from last year.  I don't pick against the spread, but I would be all over this one if I did.  I think this is a classic example of a team motivated after getting embarrassed vs. a team feeling a little too good about itself.

Baltimore over @Tennessee
I guess those reports of the Ravens demise were slightly exaggerated.  Won't matter until they do it in the playoffs though.

@Indianapolis over Cleveland
Well that's what the Colts look like without Peyton.  Imagine if they had drafted Ryan Leaf instead; they would have looked like that for the last 13 years.  I think they will be motivated to take down an equally bad Browns team.

Tampa Bay over @Minnesota
Both teams looked terrible last week, so I will take the slightly less terrible one.  Sorry Donovan.

@New Orleans over Chicago
The Saints performance last week might have been the best losing effort I've ever seen.  And I still don't like the Bears. 

@NY Jets over Jacksonville
The Jets were handed a win last week by Tony Romo.  I think they can do the winning themselves against the Jaguars.

SURVIVOR PICK: @Pittsburgh over Seattle
I don't like to use a team like the Steelers this early in Survivor, but this was the only option I liked this week other than the Jets over Jaguars, and I don't completely trust the Jets.   I think this is the safest survivor pick of all-time (fast-forward to Sunday when I can't believe the Steelers lost).

@Washington over Arizona
I don't like the Redskins more than the Cardinals this year, but I'm always wary of West teams traveling to the East Coast.  And if the Cardinals defense made Cam Newton look that good, imagine how Sexy it will make Sexy Rexy look.

Green Bay over @Carolina
I'm guessing Newton won't throw for 422 yards against the Packers.  Aaron Rodgers will though.

Dallas over @San Francisco
If you want a good laugh, search for #QuarterbacksBetterThanTonyRomo on Twitter. 

@Denver over Cincinnati
Come on, Tim Tebow could have lost to the Raiders just as good as Kyle Orton did.  Still, have to think even Brady Quinn could beat the Bengals.

Houston over @Miami
The Texans bandwagon is officially over capacity.  If they don't win the South this year, they never will and I will never pick them in a game ever again.

@New England over San Diego
After Cam Newton threw for 422 yards, I heard a lot how even Tom Brady never threw for 400 yards.  I guess Tom heard that a lot too.  The over/under on this game can't be high enough.

Philadelphia over @Atlanta
I can never bring myself to pick against my team.  But this is a rough spot.  Moving on.

@NY Giants over St. Louis
I would say this is the worst MNF game of the year, but then again the Jaguars have two MNF games this season.  Yes, those Jaguars. Can't wait for those.  Someone at ESPN must have really pissed off Roger Goodell. 

No comments:

Post a Comment