Tuesday, September 28, 2010

NFL Week 3 Power Rankings

32. Browns 0-3
31. Bills 0-3
30. Panthers 0-3
These are easily the three worst teams in the league. All have terrible QB problems (Jake Delhomme for the Browns, the Bills cut their week 1 starter after week 3, Jimmy Clausen isn't ready to start for the Panthers), bad coaching, bad defense, bad cities, it's just bad all around. I think 8 wins between these three will be impressive.

29. Rams 1-2
They're not gonna back down from anyone this year, that's for sure. The Redskins took them lightly and the Rams and Sam Bradford played well. They're still a couple years away, but the pieces are in place.

28. Lions 0-3
To be fair, they've played three tough games (@ Bears, Eagles, @ Vikings) and have held in there in all three. They could easily be 2-1 if a couple of things went their way. This team won't be in the basement for too long.

27. 49ers 0-3
I guess Mike Singletary needs to pull his pants down some more.

26. Jaguars 1-2
And the most boring team in the NFL loses another boring game. Seriously, at least the other really bad teams have some level of comedy about them. The Jags have nothing. They should have taken Tebow. They should move to LA. They should do something besides wear their ugly teal uniforms in Jacksonville.

25. Raiders 1-2
Is Sebastian Janikowski the worst draft pick of all-time? Sure, there have been other guys that have hurt franchises more, and more high profile busts, but if you're gonna spend a first round pick on a kicker, he better make everything inside 40 yards.

24. Broncos 1-2
Tebow, Tebow, Tebow, Tebow, Tebow, Tebow

23. Giants 1-2
I want to personally thank you Giants. I said in my picks that I shouldn't pick you, but I did anyway. So Giants, because of you, I fell a game short of winning my first football pool at work, which would have established my dominance as football expert in this office. But no, you have to be idiots and commit 203843 personal fouls. Never again will I pick you. Except maybe at home on Sunday night against a Bears team coming off a big win.

22. Redskins 1-2
Sorry Donovan, I know you would have beaten the Rams if you were still in Philadelphia. It'll be good to see you this Sunday.

21. Bucs 2-1
So that's what the Bucs look like when they face a good team. I have a feeling they'll be slowly climbing down these rankings soon.

20. Cardinals 2-1
I've spent my last few blogs ripping the NFC West, but now they have more winning teams than the NFC East. To be fair, the Cardinals should have lost to the Raiders. They really should have lost.

19. Seahawks 2-1
If any team stands a chance in be decent in the NFC West, it's the Seahawks. They are really tough to beat in Seattle, and overall their talent level is decent, even if they have a blood sucking mercenary head coach.

18. Chargers 1-2
Typical Chargers.

17. Titans 2-1
The Titans are the epitome of an 8-8 team. They'll be ok some weeks, they'll be terrible other weeks. They have some good players but not enough good players. They'll just be around this year.

16. Vikings 1-2
I'm not convinced that a win against the Lions will cure all in Minnesota. They suddenly play in a tough division, with the Packers, Bears looking good, and the Lions looking like a tough win. The Favre Sudden Career Ending Injury chance is now at 56%.

15. Cowboys 1-2
Who is this Roy Williams guy the Cowboys had at WR on Sunday? Never heard of him. He played a pretty good game though.

14. Bengals 2-1
The Bengals will beat bad teams and probably lose to most good teams (despite their win against the Ravens). And how does Carson Palmer suddenly get terrible? He was better when the Bengals were a bad team. Maybe it's actually Jordan Palmer playing.

13. Dolphins 2-1
A tough loss to the Jets. Like I said about the Dolphins last week, they would probably be a playoff team in the NFC, but I don't see it happening in the AFC.

12. Eagles 2-1
Just for the record, I said Vick would have a big game against the Jaguars. He's playing great right now. That doesn't change my stance on him. I don't think he'll win big games and I don't think he'll lead the team to a Super Bowl.
Mike Missanelli, who I really don't like, has the same stance on Vick as I do, and really brought up a good point. How can you really get behind this guy 100%? Sure, we can root for him, but can you really be happy for his success? Because a guy went to jail for something terrible and came back and is doing well in his life now, that makes it a better story than a guy who never got in trouble and is doing well in life? Don't Steelers fans feel the same way about Big Ben?
Being an Eagles fan: never a dull moment.

11. Texans 2-1
That thud you hear is everyone simultaneously hopping off the Texans' bandwagon. Seriously though, I think they can still be a factor this year, but people got a little too excited about them and they ran into a team desperate for a win. They'll be alright.

10. Patriots 2-1
I have a feeling the Patriots should be lower, almost losing to the Bills and all, but it's hard to be against this team. They can still put up 40 points on anyone, although it looks like they might give up 40 points a game as well. Monday's game at Miami will show a lot.

9. Chiefs 3-0
If you were wondering if they were for real or not, they absolutely gave the business to the 49ers. If I didn't know that the Chargers will likely finish the season 8-0 like they always do, you would have to say the Chiefs are the easy favorite in the AFC West.

8. Bears 3-0
Yes, I have the Bears below the Packers. The Packers lost the game last night more than the Bears won it. 17 penalties, dropped interceptions, fumbles, that's how the Bears won the game. They're still a decent team, but remember, they should have lost to the Lions as well.

7. Ravens 2-1
Thank you Ravens, now I don't look so stupid for choosing you to win the Super Bowl. I don't care if it was against the Browns, I'll take it.

6. Falcons 2-1
See my reasoning for the Bears as to why I put the Falcons below the Saints this week.

5. Saints 2-1
Amazingly, their problem has been their offense. They'll turn it around. They remind me of how the Phillies struggled with their offense early in the season. And now the Phillies will win the World Series. So no problem.

4. Packers 2-1
I shouldn't put all of my hate on the Giants. All the Packers had to do was take the last drive of the game and get a field goal and I win my football pool. I even had the exact amount of total points right, 37. Jay Cutler threw you two interceptions, and you drop one and get an unneccesary pass interference on the other. I'm going to put in a complaint with Lonnie on this one.

3. Jets 2-1
If Mark Sanchez keeps playing well, they will be very hard to beat. That was a tough game to win in Miami, but they pulled it out. It may be hard to like them because of Rex Ryan, Braylon Edwards, Antonio Cromartie and his 32 kids with 79 women, and their decision to cut Danny Woodhead, but they'll be good.

2. Colts 2-1
Never mind the week 1 loss. The Colts are who we thought they were.

1. Steelers 3-0
They're undefeated with a combination of Dennis Dixon, Byron Leftwich, and Charlie Batch at QB. What other team could do that right now? When they get everyone's favorite Bro back, they'll be even better.

5 comments:

  1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ47LdpkDog&feature=related

    I can to member all ma kid names. it just be take a while

    ReplyDelete
  2. How many more men do I have to "give the business" to, in order to get a top 5 ranking?

    ReplyDelete
  3. including youtube links in your posts now? getting more and more like my column every day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simmons, I wrote about how terrible the NFC West was, and the next day you made a column out of it. I don't want to hear it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've seen a lot of columns recently.

    ReplyDelete